Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Intro

So I have been contemplating starting a blog for a while, and now I'm doing it.  I figured the best way to start would be to write about myself, and although I know pretty much everyone who reads this will know me, I'm going to do it anyways.

-The name of this blog is a combination of two of my nicknames, "Waters" and "The Big Cat".  It is not meant to be poetic.  How did I get those nicknames?  I don't really know.  I also go by RaRa, Rah-rah Lah-hah, R-Dawg, or just Rorie.

-I was born in Baltimore, and grew up in Severna Park, Maryland.  For now I live in South Philadelphia, and I love it.

-I have an awesome family and a really great group of friends from both my hometown and here in Philadelphia.  I am also terrible at keeping in touch, and they don't hold it against me, which makes them even more awesome.

-I am a terrible morning person.  Or more generally, a terrible waking up person.  As in, I never want to wake up, and not in a depressing, can't get out of bed kind of way.

-I like sports, a lot.  I will probably write about sports on this blog sometimes.  However I don't have cable, so my opinions are based on whatever I can see/read whenever I can.

-I am open about lots of things, but not everything.  I am easy-going and open-minded, and generally like just about everybody, so if I don't like you, there must be something really wrong with you (just kidding).

-It's hard for me to be mean, even jokingly (see above fact).

-I very rarely reread what I write, so I don't edit what I write.  Don't hold it against me.

-I procrastinate, and am consistently late.  I like to consider myself always "fashionably late".

-I like drinking beer, sometimes too much for my own good.

-I'd like to think I'm a pretty smart guy and a pretty decent writer.  You may disagree.  That's okay.  I'm aware that I am neither the smartest nor the best writer ever.  It's okay.  I'm over it.

-I have a beard, and I love it.  But not in an obsessive, "I'll never shave it" kind of way.  Once upon a time, I had some pretty terrible mustaches.  Photo evidence does exist.  I'm not ashamed.

-I will try to post here somewhat frequently, especially early on.  I may also stop posting after two weeks, in which case I'm sure you will be terribly disappointed.  I'm sorry.  I go with the flow, so I write when I feel like it.

That's about all I've got for now.  Hope that wasn't too long (I'm still learning this whole blogging thing)...

No comments:

Post a Comment